Friday, June 26, 2009

The weather rebounds!


Well after the snow in the peaks and rain in the canyon yesterday I sure didn't expect today's weather. It was amazing. The sky was clear and blue, and the air had a crisp, clean feel to it. For this reason, my friend Justin and I bolted after dinner and hiked to the top of Mt. Healy.

A little over 6 miles round trip and some really amazing weather later we got back. It took us about an hour to gain around 1700 feet and cover the 3.1 miles in. The coolest part was on the way back. We must have come out during prime hare feeding time, because they were all over the trail on the way down. The video on the right was of an odd little hare that ran back at us on the trail. He did this one more time, before scurrying off into the bushes. Pretty funny!

The view was great. Hopefully the weather will hold through this weekend so that I can hike along the ridge line on Sunday and hopefully get some clear pics of Denali from the higher peaks.

I also found what looks to be a good little bouldering rock. It should be fun, it isn't too high, but I can top out on it and it looks like it should provide some fun problems and good exercise. During work today I also scoped out some clean rock near Musher Mountain (that's what my coworker called it) that may provide some cool opportunities for climbing. We'll see how it goes.

Huge thanks to Dad for shipping me out a new pair of boots and my climbing gear. I'm hitting the hay!

L'chaim!

2 comments:

  1. sideways hopping rabbits...weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't flip the video to the side. For some reason when I open it in my computer it is fine, but the blogger site tilts it.

    SMART ASS!

    ReplyDelete