Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 17, 2009: Arrival at the Chalet Lodge, Denali National Park



After getting up at 5:30 and packing up, I enjoyed a quick breakfast with Gerry, Kathy, and Gerry’s parents before heading out to the Anchorage Aramark building to catch the bus to Denali. I’ve been trying to scout some climbing opportunities and saw some clean-ish rock on Highway 1 going north from Anchorage to Wasilla.
Well the bus and all 4 of its occupants (that is including the driver) got to the Denali Chalet Lodge around 1:00pm or so. I have yet to see any moose or bear yet, but am keeping an eye out. I got my room and met my roommate, he works nights and I work days so hopefully there won’t be any problem with us waking each other up or anything.
It’s sounding like its pretty easy to get into the park, hopefully this weekend after my new employee orientation I can get in and start doing some hiking. Most of the posted photos came from the bus, however the last picture is the view from the employee dorms. Posting photos over the internet connection here has not been the easiest thing to do so photo updates may be sporadic.

PROST!

2 comments:

  1. Just remember, if you see a bear, curl up into a little ball. Bears hate it when you won't put up a fight. They like to earn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also cuddlers. These big grizzly bears like nothing better than a good cuddling session, especially if you can also cuddle with their young cubs.

    ReplyDelete