Friday, July 17, 2009

Quick day hike to Montana Creek


I don't know if it was a shift in the wind direction or the couple of days of rain we had, but the smoke has cleared. After an incredibly slow day at work and a quick dinner, myself and two friends headed for a trail head I had seen on the way up to one of the other hotels, the Montana Creek Trail.

This trail was a quick one that traverses along one of the hills at the base of Mt. Sugar Loaf. Overall, it was a fun quick little hike, we held a quick pace and completed the trail in about an hour going in. I then snapped some of these photos before we sped back in around 45 minutes. This trail was really clean (might be good for running) and was quite devoid of wildlife, though some indications of their presence existed. There was a little cabin that I didn't take any pictures of (there was a lot of trash around it. Hooray for lazy humans!)

This weekend there is a department BBQ scheduled, which I am not all that excited for. I am definitely going to miss it if the weather is this great and the sky is this clear, though I may make a midnight hike of Sugar Loaf to try to catch some good clear shots of Denali in the early morning. This Tuesday I am going to take a shuttle to Fairbanks for supplies, books, and, most importantly, to see my cousin Kevin (who I haven't seen in many years) and his wife Jessica (who I haven't met yet). I will take some pictures, which I failed to do in Anchorage in June, but won't fail to do when I go visit Jason and Brenna in Bend this fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment