Friday, July 31, 2009

Extended Absence

I will be out in the park from the 2nd of August through probably August 7th on a hiking trip. I was hoping to make it up to Muldrow Glacier, but the park rangers at the Backcountry Permit Office are discouraging it due to difficulty of the Mckinley River crossing (they haven't even been out there this season and it has been a hot and dry summer!). So I am thinking a Toklat River exploration, Polychrome Mountain summit, and (if time permits) exploring a backside summit of Double Mountain.

I should have multiple updates with oodles of fresh pictures starting on the 8th.

To all of you suffering through high temperatures, stay cool!

L'chaim!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the antler ear man!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of hard to believe how big those things are man. That one weighed a lot. I couldn't imagine carrying around two of those things for a summer. Though I could imagine smashing them into another bull moose to prove my bull-moose-iness!

    ReplyDelete